Sales Engineer - East Coast virtual office
Our client, a VC-backed provider of network security solutions and professional services is seeking a Sales Engineer in the Eastern US region. The Sales Engineer will support the Enterprise Sales team, as well as channel partners. This is a virtual office role, and candidates should be within one hour of a major airport.
- Providing technical solutions for our clients regarding network security products and services as well as provide customer training.
- Develop and maintain a broad range of knowledge and application, trends and issues as they relate to firm’s products and services.
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales support through working closely with technical engineers.
- Attend tradeshows and provide presentations online and offline.
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements.
- Developing technical documents and proposals (eg: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Become the point of contact and answer all technical questions regarding proposal, installations, configurations, products and services.
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Develop territory and account sales strategies with the regional account team
- Travel as necessary
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the Network Infrastructure business, including Cloud, WAN, MPLS, SD-WAN.
- 5+ Years of experience with Network Security , Firewalls, IPS, IDS, etc.
- Strong IP Experience (switching and routing, L4-L7 protocols and services)
- Experience in network security products such as: firewalls, VPN, SSL, network access control (NAC), intrusion detection or intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), web proxies, UTM.
- Experience in a fast paced distributed environment is desirable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.