Virtual office NY-CT region Stamford, CT 06902
Our client, a provider of network security solutions and professional services is seeking a Sales Engineer for its NY-CT sales region.
Candidates should be local to the Metro NYC region, possibly Westchester, NY or Fairfield County, CT area, willing to travel with sales region, and be eligible to work in the US. No relocation, or work Visa support offered.
- Providing technical solutions for our clients regarding network products and services as well as provide customer training.
- Develop and maintain a broad range of knowledge and application, trends and issues as they relate to firm’s products and services.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales support through working closely with technical engineers.
- Attend tradeshows and provide presentations online and offline.
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements.
- Developing technical documents and proposals (eg: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Become the point of contact and answer all technical questions regarding proposal, installations, configurations, products and services.
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Be technically adept and professional with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Other responsibilities include professional development and certification, mentoring and training junior engineers and improving overall customer relations through technical delivery and communications skills.
- Develop territory and account sales strategies with the regional account team
- Provide expert consultation to the customer in the firm's 'best practices', processes technologies and techniques gleaned from industry exposure.
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer's network operations, engineering and delivery departments to document their infrastructure, understand their challenges, and seek out potential projects.
- Travel as necessary for installations.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the Network Infrastructure business.
- Experience in a fast paced distributed environment is desirable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- 3+ years of technical support.
- 5+ Years of experience with Cloud-based Security (SaaS), Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Endpoint, PKI, encryption, Identity management and access control.
- Strong IP Experience (L4-L7 protocols and services)
- Experience in network security products such as: firewalls, VPN, SSL, DDOS, network access control (NAC), intrusion detection or intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), web proxies, UTM, anti-virus, anti-malware devices.
- Knowledge of Managed Services, including Security Operations Centers, Managed AV, Managed Firewalls and Managed Device offerings helpful.
- Knowledge of SNMP and MIBS.
- Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
- Work with the training department, bringing partners up-to date as required. Lead local customer training's.
- 4+ years of experience in implementing security products in the network area.
- Knowledgeable with IPSEC, VLAN, ACL, OSPF, VCS, TCP/IP, HSRP, VTP, STP, RIP, GRE, VTP.
- Experience in providing support for remote access solutions, network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP(S)), and web proxies.