Virtual office NY-NJ region
Job ID: 6975
Category: Pre-Sales Engineering
Level of Experience: Mid-Senior
Sales Engineer – Data Center Management – New York/New Jersey Metro Region
Our client, a Venture-backed provider of Data Center Management software solutions, is expanding its nationwide team of Sales Engineers (SEs). These are direct-hire, full-time positions, not contracting positions.
This firm does not offer relocation, or work visa support.
No contractors or H1bs please.
These roles are virtual office roles, with travel to client and partner sites, as well as industry trade events
Current openings in the following sales regions:
- New York/New Jersey Metro
- Denver, CO
- Dallas, TX
- Providing technical solutions for our clients regarding all aspects of the firm’ s services as well as provide customer training
- Travel within the sales region up to 35-45%.
- Develop territory and account sales strategies with the regional account team
- Develop and maintain a broad range of technical knowledge, as well as applications, trends and issues as they relate to firm’ s products and services
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales support through working closely with technical engineers
- Provide product demonstrations and presentations online and offline, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements
- Developing technical documents and proposals (eg: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Become the point of contact and answer all technical questions regarding proposal, installations, configurations, products and services
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers
- Be technically adept and professional with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Other responsibilities include professional development and certification, mentoring and training junior engineers and improving overall customer relations through technical delivery and communications skills
- Provide expert consultation to the customer in the firm' s ' best practices', processes technologies and techniques gleaned from industry exposure
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer' s network operations, engineering and delivery departments to document their infrastructure, understand their challenges, and seek out potential projects
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
Sales Engineers are expected to broaden their knowledge each and every day on this team. Our hiring managers DO NOT expect expert-level depth on every technical area, just the aptitude and drive to succeed that made candidates successful in at least one of these disciplines.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of Sales Engineering experience in the Network Infrastructure, Data Center Management, NOC Management, Provisioning and Automation markets.
- 2-4 years of experience in a technical role with direct responsibilities with Cloud Infrastructure technologies, including network architecture, network management, systems management, routing & switching.
- Minimum of 5-7+ years of customer-facing technical role experience with an IT products firm, reseller or service provider
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing roles (pre-sales or post-sales) supporting products in one or more of the following areas:
- Private Cloud Infrastructure and Networks
- Knowledge of Software-driven cloud networking solutions from cisco or Arista Networks,
- Cisco Identity-Based Networking Services (IBNS)
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Operating Systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Virtualization (VMware)
- Scripting: Python or similar tools helpful
- Automation tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in a fast paced distributed environment is desirable
- Strong technical knowledge assimilation,
- Quick to adapt, accountable, team-player, curious
- Fast, lifelong-learner that takes initiatives and is challenge-oriented