Sales Engineer - Applications Security, Dallas
Our client, a leading developer of applications security solutions is seeking a Sales Engineer based in the Dallas area for its TOLA sales region.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for technical pre-sales support. and will assist the sales team to obtain revenue goals by helping to qualify accounts, answer RFP/RFI's, preparing and delivering solution based product presentations, attending trade shows, and leading proof of concepts which meet client's business requirements. The Sales Engineer is also responsible for handling technical questions or issues which arise during a sales cycle and setting appropriate customer expectations.
Candidates should be within one hour a Major Metro Airport in the region. 30% travel expected.
- Provide Pre-Sales support through working closely with regional sales, technical solutions engineers and professional services teams.
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Providing technical solutions regarding the firm’s security products and services as well as provide customer training.
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer's network operations, engineering and delivery departments to document their infrastructure, understand their challenges, and seek out potential projects.
- Attend trade shows and provide presentations online and offline.
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements.
- Developing technical documents and proposals (eg: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Become the point of contact and answer all technical questions regarding proposal, installations, configurations, products and services.
- Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Be technically adept and professional with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Develop territory and account sales strategies with the regional account team
- Provide expert consultation to the customer in the firm's 'best practices', processes technologies and techniques gleaned from industry exposure.
- Travel as necessary for Proof of Concept and trial lab installations. Expected travel: 30%.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ Years of experience in sales support or post-sales customer-facing role supporting Network Security products or services.
Knowledge of several (not ALL!) of the following technical domains:
- Strong REST API experience
- Strong Web Application development experience
- Applications, Web and/or network security, or similar solutions.
Candidates who have not worked directly for a security technology vendor are encouraged to apply!! If you have worked as a Sales Engineer or post-sales, customer-facing Technical resource and want to break into security, this firm has an open mind!