Our client, a leading Managed Services Provider is seeking an experienced Sales Account Executive to sell to large Enterprise, Service Provider and Government customers in the Northern Virginia region.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in selling managed services in the one or more of the following offerings: hosting, colocation, carrier hotels, data center real estate, storage, WAN, IP networks, information security services or related IT infrastructure products or services.
This role will focus primarily on direct selling, with some responsibility to work with partners to close deals. The primary responsibilities of this position will be divided as follows:
• Responsible for networking with partners and industry contacts to identify leads and build awareness of our client's service offerings.
• Responsible for building and executing against a pipeline of new leads. Prospecting and networking to develop the leads, setting appointments, and closing deals.
• Responsible for management reporting, administration, and some account management of existing customers.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 plus years sales experience with proven track record of making or exceeding quota.
- Experience in selling managed services in the one or more of the following offerings: hosting, colocation, carrier hotels, data center real estate, server, storage, WAN, IP networks, information security services or related IT infrastructure products or services.
- Experience selling at a major ILEC, CLEC, ISP, hosting, colocation, Data Center REIT, cloud infrastructure provider or similar managed services provider.
- Solution sales experience, based on needs assessment and relationship building.
- Ability to close small and large deals, selling on the value of the product, overcoming objections, and providing necessary ROI analysis.
- In-depth understanding of client business drivers, strategy and buying cycles.
- Quantitative skills, required for accurate sales pipeline/ sales funnel management, as well as financial reporting to management and internal departments.
- Candidates should have both formal training and several years’ experience selling with a structured sales methodology such as Miller-Heiman, TAS, Solutions Selling, SPIN Selling, Dale Carnegie or similar programs.
- Experience using Sales tools, such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, and business intelligence tools.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong MS Office skills
- Some travel is required