Regional Sales Director - Contact Center Technology - Pacific Northwest
Our client is a venture-backed AI startup delivering game-changing technology for Customer Engagement to Global Multinational brands in the Telecoms, Utilities and Consumer products verticals. Leveraging success with Major Telecoms and cable television service provider customers in Europe, this firm is seeking a Regional Sales Director, serving the Pacific Northwest, preferably based in Washington, Oregon or Northern California
The Regional Sales Director will prospect, develop and close revenue opportunities with Managed Services Providers (Telco, Cable MSOs, Satellite Broadcasters), Consumer Electronics and CPG firm. The firm offers an AI-assisted, video-driven contact center agent and self-service technology that drives strong ROI, Customer Satisfaction, reduces customer churn, as well as revenue-retention and growth.
This is a classic Player-Coach role. This person must “Lead from the Front”, to drive revenue growth by closing complex sales with targeted accounts in the preferred verticals.
- The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for managing the sales cycle (account planning, sales execution, pipeline/funnel management) and providing accurate reporting and forecasts to executive management.
- In-depth understanding of client business drivers, strategy and buying cycles.
- Track and report sales performance against Monthly and Quarterly targets.
- Responsible for collection, analysis and presentation of sales reports.
- Negotiate commercial terms on behalf of the company with sophisticated customer base
- Develop and manage Account Planning/Review Process
- Collaborate with Client Stakeholders, Internal Departments and Third-parties (channel partners, consultants, etc.)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree. Exceptional candidates without a degree will be considered.
- MBA helpful, but not required.
- Self-starter with experience and desire to acquire new business.
- Adept at prospecting, funnel management and closing business.
- 7+ years of Sales Management with a strong preference of sales achievement.
- Experience closing large software applications deployments to the Customer Support Contact Center market preferred.
5-7+ years Selling directly to Telecommunications/Cables Service Providers and Global Enterprises such Consumer Electronics manufacturers, Insurance companies etc. with direct mission critical consumer care needs
- 10+ years of consistent sales success within the Customer Experience (“CX”) vertical, including some (not all!) of the following:
- Contact Center applications, including CRM, Trouble Ticketing, Big Data, Analytics.
- Multi-Channel/Omni-Channel customer support platforms, including voice, chat, text, video.
- Call Recording/ Call Logging
- Infrastructure: Cloud IaaS, Hosting, VoIP, IP telephony, PBX, Unified Communications.
- Extensive experience in the recruitment, training, management, motivation of skilled Account Executives.
- Previous selling experience should include a focus on the full range of prospecting, selling and closing.
- Must have the ability to prospect, sell and close at multiple levels.
- Strong quantitative skills, required for accurate sales pipeline/ sales funnel management, as well as financial reporting to management and internal departments.
- Strong experience in sales management and sales training, preferably one or more of the following: Miller-Heiman, Solutions Selling, Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or similar structured sales methodology.
- Proven track record managing high-performing remote sales teams
- Experience of managing C-level relationships