Virtual New York, NY 10001
Pre-Sales/Design Engineer: AV/VTC - New York, NY
Our client is a leading global provider of AV Integration, Videoconferencing, and Managed Services is seeking a customer facing pre-sales engineer with AV/VTC design experience in the greater NYC Metro region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Write market analyses of competing products
- Make sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of product and services in an effective manner.
- Initiate sales proposals
- Develop market strategies that result in revenues and organizational success
- In conjunction with sales team, develop and deliver sales presentations
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
- Manage assigned sales budget
- Meet established sales goals
- Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
- Provide technical consultancy to augment the sales effort for company and client demonstrations, as well as advising customers on how best to utilize company products
- Manage technical relationships between the company and reseller/distributors
- Design end-to-end networks for the deployment of video, voice and data
- Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
- Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company
- Perform new product testing.
- CTS-D Certification is highly preferred.
- Of the company products, peripherals and services, with a focus on a high level of technical expertise
- Culture, organization, values and unique communication needs of each customer and potential customer
- Concepts and principles of engineering that apply to videoconferencing and other relevant forms of data transmission
- Working knowledge of the concepts and principles of sales, marketing, proposal development, customer service
- Project management concepts and principles.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
- Discuss videoconferencing technologies with a view to demonstrating their usefulness to current and potential customers
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, budgeting and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Technical knowledge of 3 or more of the following required: Audiovisual Equipment, Videoconferencing Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
- Candidates with InfoComm CTS or CTS-D certifications preferred. Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Cisco, Tandberg or Polycom certifications helpful
- Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred. Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
- Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
- Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications
- Experience with circuit switched and packet data technologies such as ISDN, T1, T3, ATM, Frame Relay and high speed serial such as V. 35, RS-449
- IP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols
- Win 2000 and IIS
- Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
- Knowledge of the entire H. 32X suite of standards;
- Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
- Usual PC proficiency – Win 98, MacOS, Win2000/NT, UNIX/Linux, MS Office).
- Cisco certifications strongly preferred: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers’ equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired.
- In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.