Our client, a leading Managed Services Provider in in the AV/IT, Videoconferencing and Unified Communications market is seeking a talented and energetic Network Engineer for their Rockland County NY office location. Candidates should live within a 30 minute commute, preferably in Northern NJ, Rockland or Orange NY counties.
This is a full-time, direct-hire employment opportunity. This NOT a contract position
No Contractors, Please
No Work Visa support, so H1bs.
No relocation offered.
This is a customer-facing role that will interact with client staff and management to design, implement and troubleshoot TCP/IP networks for Enterprise applications. This is primarily an in-office position, and will require some travel to client sites in the Metro NY-NJ region. The Network Engineer will provide technical assistance to in-house (Field Engineers, Project Managers, client and third-party teams to successfully complete all Managed Service Projects, Installations and Upgrades.
Vendor certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCDA strong preferred.
- Work directly with customers and vendors to identify innovative solutions and actively apply those solutions. Follow through on issues with vendors for a timely resolution.
- Provide innovative and supportable technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Provide client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Provide ongoing information to management, clients, and peers regarding health of the environment, enhancements, innovations and solutions.
- Minimize client productivity loss caused by technology outages.
- Provide remote and on-site support (internally and externally) of complex IP/Networking.
- Install and configure all devices in data centers and IT rooms.
- Prepare and configure network devices (Cisco switches and routers) as well assisting Field Engineers troubleshoot WAN/LAN networking issues offsite.
- Handles in-call technical support issues; performing up to tier 2 & 3 troubleshooting.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable.
- 5-7+ years of Network Support/ Network Engineering experience, including design, planning, implementation, project management, as well as hands-on technical skills such as installation, maintenance, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Vendor certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, CCDA strong preferred.
- Deep technical knowledge of IP routing and switching, topology, routing protocols essential.
- Direct hands-on experience with network equipment (routers, switches, WLAN, Firewalls, IDS)
- Strong working knowledge of network/internet Protocols/Services such as MPLS, GigE, 10/100 Ethernet, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, DNS, TCP/IP, VPN, Wireless, WAAS and NAT.
- Knowledge of WAN and Telco services, including MPLS, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center, Storage, Hosting.
- Organized, detailed-oriented, customer-friendly.
US Citizen/Green Card required
Valid Driver’s license required.
This firm conducts mandatory background checks, including pre-employment drug screens.