Job ID: 5733
Category: Network Engineering
Level of Experience: Associate
A Level 1 Network Operations Technician will perform on-going network monitoring of all aspects of our client’ s network. This includes, but is not limited to all voice, data, transport, internet, and Ethernet services. Candidates must be willing to adapt to changing requirements and expectations. This position is in Midtown Manhattan, and will require rotational shift work.
- Monitoring and surveillance of the customer and network infrastructure.
- Monitor and provide support for all IP Routing, VoIP and Ethernet equipment and related transport, where applicable.
- Open and closing trouble tickets
- Ability to quickly isolate faults within the network and perform basic trouble shooting
- Answer customer trouble calls and communicate status.
- In addition to network maintenance and repair, the Network Operation Center Specialist will also perform network provisioning and customer change management.
- Prompt escalation of issues to Level 2 & Level 3
- 1-3 years experience in a network operations center role, preferably in service provider (telco/carrier) NOC.
- Highly motivated, self-starter.
- Knowledge of Remedy trouble ticketing system helpful
- Knowledge of Solarwinds or similar network monitoring tools helpful
- Able to work independently or as a team member
- Knowledge of IP Networks.
- Certifications such as CCNA, CCENT helpful
- 1-3 year direct experience installing and troubleshooting voice and data services such as IP networks, Ethernet, PRI, SIP.
- Knowledge of VoIP and soft client trouble shooting