Manager of Managed Security Support Services
Our client, a leading provider of Cybersecurity Technology and Services, is seeking a Manager of Managed Security Support Services, based in the NY-NJ region.
Scope of Role
The Manager of Managed Security Support Services responsible for managing a team of world-class Cybersecurity specialists in the planning, delivery, and 24/7/365 support of a suite of Managed Security Services for Enterprise Cloud and Service Provider Cloud customers. These MSSP service offerings address the Enterprise, Government and Education markets, and include Security Incident Response capabilities.
- Manage the delivery of all service and product offerings, as well as work with clients and partners to resolve major incident response and resolution efforts.
- Recruit, train, retain, motivate and evaluate a team of Professional Services Engineers, post-sales Technical Account Managers and Solutions Architects.
- Function as player-coach for customer support efforts, partner relationships and service engagements, expediting any issues and breaking all process bottlenecks.
- Focus on relentless improvement of delivery process, systems, personnel and training, in order to drive customer satisfaction, retention and new revenue.
- Train, mentor and coach the Customer Support team to accomplish their job criteria, including but not limited to in-house company technical and professional training, as well as personal development
- Timely completion of personnel related tasks, including but not limited Expense reports, Quarterly and Annual evaluations
- Develop and implement metrics/measurements for the department
- Focus on customer satisfaction, relationships and service levels
- Develop and execute employee recruiting, retention, training and quality strategies
- Delegation, directing others, task prioritization and follow up, motivating others, negotiating, planning, time management, managing vision and purpose
- Travel requirements up to 25-35%, mainly to trade shows, as well as customer and reseller sites
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
This role requires strong skills in three specific domains.
- Technical Domain Knowledge: Network Security, Cybersecurity, Cloud Infrastructure.
- Customer Service & Communications: Strong drive for customer satisfaction via delivering strong results and excellent problem resolution.
- Management of Teams: Recruit, Manage, Motivate, Train, Coach, technical staff
- BS in computer science, engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- Strong preference for candidates with 3-5+ years of Management experience with direct responsibility for a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center (SOC), Network Operations Center (NOC) in a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP), Managed Services Provider (MSP), Security Incident Management team or similar role with a technology vendor or end user firm.
- 5-7+ years in a management position in a High tech firm, preferably in a customer-facing function such as Professional Services, Customer Success/ Customer Support, Pre-Sales Engineering. Strong focus on customer satisfaction essential.
- Energetic, Ambitious and Effective leadership qualities a must.
- Strong preference for technical background in one or more of the following technology domains: Cybersecurity, Networking, Data Centers, Telecommunications, Managed Hosting, Managed Data Center, Virtualization, Managed Applications, Managed Security Services Network Security, Storage, Software, Wireless.
- Excellent background in design, implementation, training and use of management tools, such as CRM, KPIs, dashboards and pipeline reports
- Ambitious, hard-working, goal oriented, team player and enthusiastic
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills required