Our client, a leading managed services provider for the AV. Videoconferencing and Unified Communications market, is hiring for a Lead Technical Support Specialist to serve its Canadian customers. Bilingual (English & French) Candidates are required
This is role can be located in one of several Canadian markets: Greater Toronto Area, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver. Exceptional Bilingual candidates from outside those Metro regions will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide 1st and 2nd level support to customers via phone, email, instant message and fax in support of videoconferencing and A/V equipment, infrastructure hardware/software, network and manage service contracts
• Open, maintain and close trouble-tickets for all incoming customer requests
• Facilitate the opening, trouble-shooting, and closure of IP network trouble-tickets with 3rd party carriers in support of customer issues
• Provide extensive trouble-shooting, installation, configuration, and test of videoconferencing, audiovisual equipment (videoconferencing, multimedia, audiovisual, projection systems, displays, cameras, microphones, integrated A/V systems, document cameras, streaming technologies, etc.) and collaboration technologies.
Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, including
Client technical and non-technical contacts
Company sales, project management, NOC and engineering teams.
Third parties such as technology vendor product support, consultants, etc.
• Provide video bridging and call launch support
• Coordinate the RMA parts replacement and dispatch of service technicians in support of standard customer maintenance agreements
• Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and customer support
• Provide internal network administration, infrastructure and IT support
• 3-5 years of related experience in support and trouble-shooting of videoconferencing and A/V technologies and networks.
• BA or BS degree desired and/or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated experience trouble-shooting, installing and configuring AV, VTC and IP Network systems.
Networking certifications, such as cisco’ s CCNA helpful
• Knowledge and familiarity with the installation, configuration and trouble-shooting of control systems.
Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Extron, AMX, ClearOne, Biamp, Barco, Christie Digital
• Demonstrated knowledge of H.323, H.320 and SIP networks
• Working knowledge of videoconferencing standards
• Strong customer service and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment
• Strong project management skills, detailed oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast paced environment