Our client, a leading provider of Residential Audiovisual, Home Automation and Security systems, located in the Charlotte, NC region is a seeking a Audiovisual Lead Technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with design engineers and technicians, you will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of complex audiovisual systems. Part of your responsibilities requires maintaining a direct interface with clients including sales engineering, demonstration of new system operations, client training, and obtaining client sign-offs.
Responsible for supervising a team of installers and insuring that installed product and equipment performs to industry standards
The installation work will include pre-wire, trim-out, and finish installation and testing of structured wiring, audio/video systems, control/automation systems, telephone systems, security alarms, CCTV systems, and wired/wireless data systems.
Applicants should be motivated self-starters with the ability to follow directions and translate written instructions/work-orders into finished product.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
Minimum 3-5 years of Residential AV experience, some Commercial installation experience preferred
Industry Certifications (CEDIA, ICIA InfoComm CTS, CTS-I, CE Pro, etc.) helpful.
Experience with installing, testing and commissioning custom control systems
Familiarity with one or more of the following is a must. Crestron, Savant, Universal remotes.
Lutron RadioRa2/HomeWorks and Panasonic Telephone Systems a plus
Ability to diagnose/troubleshoot and resolve various service issues related to Integrated AV systems
Efficiently pull, terminate, label, and test cabling between audio, video, data, and control equipment.
Extensive knowledge and experience with audio-visual systems, programming and products/components.
Strong knowledge of signal flow, different audio/video signal types, connector types and terminations. Must be able to read and follow AV system schematics and supporting documentation
Proficient with Crestron' s Toolbox/System Monitor, RTI’ s Integration Designer, etc., proficiency with Savant RacePoint Blueprint
Experience with installation and configuration of wired and wireless network systems
Experience with rack building.
Familiarity with product lines including Crestron, Savant, Sonos, Pakedge, Lutron, RTI, etc.
Liaison with other internal departments, clients, building trades and contractors
Represent the company in a courteous & professional manner to clients and other trades
Ability to manage expectations with excellent interpersonal skills to interface with the client as well as anticipate their needs
• Great communications skills, high ethical standards, and able to work independently as well a lead crews
• Strong organizational skills & experience with tracking many phases of a project for coordination
· Must be able to climb ladders up to 20’ high
· Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
· Clean Driver’ s license a PLUS
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of video, audio, and control connectors and cabling
· Ability to solder is a PLUS but not a MUST
· Ability to read system schematics and floor plans/blueprints
· Ability to understand programming systems and interfaces and equipment configuration
· Must be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces.