New York, NY 10001
Inside Sales Rep, Managed Service Provider - NYC
Our client, a leading provider of Managed Services as they pertain to Data Center, Infrastructure and Transport technologies, is seeking a sharp and hungry inside sales rep. Candidates must be located in the New York- New Jersey area, and will be expected to work in the local sales office 5 days per week.
The inside sales representative is accountable for maximizing account penetration and sales volume objectives by identifying sales opportunities, qualifying sales leads and closing orders on smaller volume accounts. The successful candidate will work closely with management to develop sales strategies and achieve revenue targets in an assigned territory. This inside sales representative will determine customer needs, negotiate product pricing and promote the firm's solution and services via the telephone. The individual will also provide strong customer support by communicating product information, assisting with technical questions and maintaining close communications with prospects and existing customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working as valued member of the team, focusing on the team sales goals.
* Prospecting new clients * Managing territory/region.
* Maintain relationships with existing clients through proactive business approach and regular introduction of new products.
* Consistently meet and exceed sales targets set out by management.
* Implement account development objectives
* Identify and close opportunities for all product lines and value added services sales .
* Ensure accurate, timely order processing through the order processing systems and monitor and progress to exceed client expectations.
* Take personal responsibility for and actively engage in product, systems and skills training and development.
* Maintain co-operative and productive inter-departmental relationships and procedures to deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
* Provide detailed account reports and participate in account reviews, as required.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company's service offerings.
* Developing existing business and prospecting for new business.
* Partnering with Field Executives to maximize Sales Opportunity & Growth Knowledge.
Education and Experience:
* An understanding of IT solutions is required. Working knowledge of Managed Services as they pertain to Data Center, Infrastructure and Transport technologies required: IaaS, Managed Cloud Infrastructure, Managed Hosting, Metro Ethernet, MPLS/IP, dark fiber and DWDM wavelengths, is preferred, but not a requirement.
* Analytical / problem solving capability
* Knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel, Reporting Tools.
* Previous commission-based experience and proven prospecting and cold calling experience.
* 3 Yrs of selling experience within various verticals.
* Experience working in a team environment.
* Proven ability to pick up new technology quickly.
* Experience in telephone outbound sales with other well developed skills such as prospecting and cold-calling, objection handling, closing skills, etc.
Skills and Attributes:
* Ability to sell direct and up sell into existing account base.
* Strong closing skills.
* Ability to build relationships with Sales organization and internal customers.
* Effective listening skills, a professional telephone manner, exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to articulate a value proposition.
* Ability to work well in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.