Director of Client Support AV/IT - NJ
Our client, a leading provider in AV systems and solutions, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Client Support for its Northern New Jersey Corporate Headquarters. Position requires presence in local sales office and possible corporate travel (15-25%).
Relocation, sponsorship (H1b), and full-time remote or virtual office are not offered
Scope of Role
Director of Client Support is responsible for supporting the Corporate Sales Support Office to ensure the success of all post-sales activities, including product and service delivery, solutions support, user training and channel partner support. This team will support sales and delivery of AV/IT integration and Videoconferencing offerings to Enterprise, Government and Education customers.
- Manage the operation of all service and delivery offerings. Focus on relentless improvement of delivery process, systems, personnel and training, in order to drive customer satisfaction, retention and new revenue.
- Recruit, train, retain, motivate and evaluate a team of Professional Services Engineers, post-sales Technical Account Managers and Solutions Architects in remote locations throughout the US and Canada
- Function as player-coach for larger sales opportunities, partner relationships and service engagements, expediting any issues and breaking all process bottlenecks
- Work with Regional Sales teams and management to meet pre-sales objectives through strong preparation for sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well be responsible for making certain that forecast objectives are met, and customer expectations are exceeded.
- Work with Direct, Channels, Government sales team and channel partners to ensure their pre-sales needs are met. Work with Marketing and Product Management on strategic initiatives.
- Train, mentor and coach the Customer Support team to accomplish their job criteria, including but not limited to in-house company technical and professional training, as well as personal development
- Timely completion of personnel related tasks, including but not limited Expense reports, Quarterly and Annual evaluations
- Develop and implement metrics/measurements for the department
- Focus on customer satisfaction, relationships and service levels
- Develop and execute employee recruiting, retention, training and quality strategies
- Delegation, directing others, task prioritization and follow up, motivating others, negotiating, planning, time management, managing vision and purpose
- Travel requirements up to 25-35%, mainly to trade shows, as well as customer and reseller sites
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
- Energetic, Ambitious and Effective leadership qualities a must.
- Management Background in a successful, high profile firm
- BS in computer science, engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 5-7+ years in a management position in a High tech firm, preferably in a customer-facing function such as Professional Services, Customer Success/ Customer Support, Pre-Sales Engineering. Strong focus on customer satisfaction essential.
- Strong preference for technical background in one or more of the following technology domains: Audiovisual , Videoconferencing and Unified Communications Systems; candidates with similar skills and experience in technology vendor or end-user environment should apply
- Excellent background in design, implementation, training and use of management tools, such as CRM, KPIs, dashboards and pipeline reports
- Ambitious, hard-working, goal oriented, team player and enthusiastic
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills required