Director Sales Engineering, AI and SaaS - Midtown NYC
Our client, a leading VC-backed AI start-up, is seeking a Director Sales Engineering for its New York City regional sales office. This role requires regular presence in the NYC sales office, and full-time remote or virtual office are not offered.
Scope of Role
The Director Sales Engineering is responsible for supporting the Northeast Regional sales force for all their pre-sales requirements. This Sales Engineering team will support all aspects of the technical sales process including opportunity discovery and qualifications, product demos, solutions design, pilots/trials, POCs and account management.
- Recruit, train, retain, motivate and evaluate a team of Sales Engineers in the NYC sales office and remote locations within the Northeast sales region.
- Work with Regional Sales teams and management to meet pre-sales objectives through strong preparation for sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well be responsible for making certain that forecast objectives are met.
- Work with sales management, sales staff and pre-sales team to develop and deliver effective customer presentations, POCs, Lab demos, and other sales support-related activities.
- Build scalable systems, processes, content and training to drive new revenue, address customer use cases, and expand markets.
- Train, mentor and coach the Pre-Sales Engineers to accomplish their job criteria, including but not limited to in-house company technical and professional training, as well as personal development.
- Function as player-coach for larger sales opportunities and partner relationships, expediting any issues and breaking all process bottlenecks
- Travel requirements up to 25%, mainly to trade shows, as well as customer and reseller sites.
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
- Management Background in a successful, high profile firm, preferably with some start-up, VC or PE experience.
- BS in computer science, engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- 8-10+ years previous Pre-Sales Engineering Management or other customer-facing Management experience for an IT Vendor serving the enterprise market.
- Strong preference for SaaS or Enterprise Applications background in one or more of the following: AI, Big Data, Analytics, or similar.
- Excellent background in the design, use and optimization of management tools, such as CRM, KPIs, dashboards and pipeline reports.
- Strong Project Management, Sales and technical training skills essential.
- Excellent negotiation skills, especially for technical aspects of sales and service contracts.
- Design technical solutions, including architecture, planning and detail engineering.
- Ambitious, hard-working, goal oriented, team player and enthusiastic
- Strong presentation skills required