Audiovisual and Information Technology Design Engineer
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual, IT Infrastructure, Security and Unified Communication Services, is seeking a Senior AV Design Engineer, located in the Washington DC region, handling Pre-sales activities for Enterprise accounts. Competitive compensation and bonus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Write market analyses of competing products
- Make sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of product and services in an effective manner.
- Initiate sales proposals
- Develop market strategies that result in revenues and organizational success
- In conjunction with sales team, develop and deliver sales presentations
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
- Manage assigned sales budget
- Meet established sales goals
- Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
- Provide technical consultancy to augment the sales effort for company and client demonstrations, as well as advising customers on how best to utilize company products
- Manage technical relationships between the company and reseller/distributors
- Evaluate, train and support resellers/distributors to sell and support company equipment, field all pre-sales technical issues, and direct customer interaction for the entire life cycle of a sale
- Design end-to-end networks for the deployment of video, voice and data
- Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
- Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company and OEM products
- Perform new product testing.
- Of the company products, peripherals and services, with a focus on a high level of technical expertise
- Culture, organization, values and unique communication needs of each customer and potential customer
- Concepts and principles of engineering that apply to videoconferencing and other relevant forms of data transmission
- Working knowledge of the concepts and principles of sales, marketing, proposal development, customer service
- Project management concepts and principles.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
- Discuss videoconferencing technologies with a view to demonstrating their usefulness to current and potential customers
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, budgeting and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
Candidates with InfoComm CTS or CTS-D certifications preferred.
Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred. Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
Knowledge of the entire H. 32X suite of standards;
Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired. In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.