VIRTUAL office SF Bay region
Job ID: 5989
Industry: Service Provider-VAR/SI
Level of Experience: Director
Client Business Executive - Department of Energy Account
A leading systems integration and managed services needs a veteran sales professional to build and expand its existing Department of Energy (DOE) account.
The Client Business Executive will be responsible for all aspects of selling Unified Communications solutions, Audiovisual Integration and Managed Services offerings to the DOE Complex of Research Labs and other facilities
If you’ ve ever wanted “ The Big Chair challenge” of running a large, complex customer account, this is it. This position will require all of your sales, account management and business operations Superpowers.
Are you ready?
The Client Business Executive is responsible and accountable for all aspects of business development and delivery for the firm’ s Department of Energy (DOE) account. This includes account management, new business development and customer satisfaction. This role is a virtual office position, and will require regular travel to DOE offices and facilities.
Preferences for candidates who are located and have sold to major DOE facilities such as Sandia, Laurence Livermore National Labs (LLNL) and others.
- Develop and effectively manage a profitable P&L for the existing Department of Energy (DOE) account, as well as meet quarterly and yearly revenue requirements. Current annual run rate is $10-12M.
- Conceive and execute strategic business plans for near- and mid-term time frames, towards achieving annual revenue goals.
- Drive sales of the firm' s integration and managed services throughout all levels of the DOE ecosystem.
- Build strategic teaming relationships with DOE prime contractors such as Lockheed Martin, Leidos, CSC, etc.
- Function as a single point of contact for the account, directly responsible for continued business development (RFPs, Upsell/Cross-Sell opportunities, Capture) as well assisting related rollout/delivery of products and services.
- Directly responsible for improving and maintaining long-term high customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain positive and productive long term working relationship with the customer’ s business and operations managers
- Resolve issues and strengthen partnership with the customers
- Work jointly with internal stakeholders (sales, sales engineering, service delivery) and third parties (tech vendors, carriers and consultants) to promote and expand sale of solutions, as well as additional services such as training and upgrades to new releases
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience
- Master’ s degree helpful.
- 12-15 years’ experience in complex high-level sales of information technology and services to Federal agencies.
- Strong preference for candidates with extensive sales experience to the Department of Energy (DOE).
- 8-10 years of sales of IT products and services, preferably Networking, Unified Communications, Audiovisual integration, Videoconferencing and Managed Services.
- Excellent technical understanding of technology, including applications, infrastructure and services.
- Must be articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be able to assess problems and situations and respond decisively and independently
- Must be able to work and manage people in a matrix environment
- Must be well-organized and self-directed individual and a team player
- Must be a strategic planner with analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Must be able to develop and maintain a profitable account P&L and demonstrate previous experience
- Ability to partner and align with customers delivering added value in every touch point of the relationship
- Available for regular US travel, up to 40-60%