Director of Channel Sales, Videoconferencing and Collaboration
Our client is a leading provider of Unified Communications Software and seeks an experienced Channel Sales Person for its New York Office covering the Northeast and US Business.
This is a partly virtual office position based in the either in the NY/NJ region. Position will be responsible for in-person meetings with channel partners in region, and working directly with the firm's direct Enterprise sales team in the region's sales offices.
The Channel Sales person will be responsible for the recruitment, negotiation and training of reseller channel partners (VARs, SIs, MSPs) that will result in new and expanded business opportunities for the firm. The qualified candidate will promote channel and partner development, product evangelization and revenue growth.
- Develop strategic pipelines to increase sales and market share
- Develop new businesses through building partner relationships, networking and lead generation
- Develop and exhibit sales presentations to educate, promote, and close sales at the C-level
- Travel as necessary to conduct sales operations and increase market share
- Promote consistent collaboration and planning between partner representatives and support team
- Establish and execute sales strategies with regional sales management
- Oversee partner activities such as forecasts, marketing, and relationship development
- Collaborate with partners to identify leads and campaign for closing new businesses
- Meet quarterly/annual sales quotas
- Demonstrate initiative activity in a dynamic environment
- Be an essential and trusted asset to both partners and regional support
- Work within a sales and support team structure for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values
- Sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in technical or business discipline
- 5-8 years experience with regional partner management (Carriers, VARs, MSPs etc)
- Strong recruiter of channel partners.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Must have conclude initial agreements with channel partners, NOT just managed existing relationships.
- Existing Rolodex of Channel relationship. Fast ramp to adding partners essential.
- Sales experience and technical knowledge in some of the following:
- Unified Communications (CPE-based, Cloud-based, SaaS, UCaaS) applications, VoIP, Hosted VoIP, PBX and other messaging technologies.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a dynamic company and industry
- Self-starter in a team or independent setting
- Knowledge of sales methodologies or salesforce.com a plus
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication to all user levels
- Development of educational programs for clients, prospects, and employees
- Knowledge of all service offerings, company technology, and competition
- Understanding of pricing and proposal models
- Strong troubleshooting skills – defining and resolving problems
- Responsible, flexible and professional nature