Audiovisual Project Engineer - Boston Metro Region
Our client is a leading integrator of video, voice and data systems is seeking a Project Engineer with Site Surveying and Commissioning skills, located in the Metro Boston region. Position requires some presence in local sales office travel to client sites, as well as possible virtual office time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the Audiovisual, Videoconferencing and UC products and services provided by the firm
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the audiovisual, conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD and will occasionally work in drawing files to create as-built drawing sets.
- Create audio DSP files.
- In conjunction with sales team, develop and deliver sales presentations, as well as develop accurate sales forecasting and pipeline reports
- Manage and Execute sales and project documentation, such as Bill of Materials
- (BOM), RFP Responses, Pricing Documents and Scopes of Works (SOW)
- Responsible for Site Surveys, Line Drawings, Detail Engineering plans, and other sales and design related materials
- Work closely with and provide support to other members of the internal project team (sales, other engineers, project managers, fabricators, field technicians, programmers, purchasing, etc).
- Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
- Provide technical consultancy to augment the sales effort for company and client demonstrations, as well as advising customers on how best to utilize company products
- Manage technical relationships between the client, firm, technology vendors and distributors
- Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired
- In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted
- 5-7+ years of experience in a sales support and design/ project engineering, preferably with a leading Systems Integrator of Audiovisual , Videoconferencing and Unified Communications Systems; candidates with similar skills and experience in technology vendor or end-user environment should apply
- Demonstrate technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner
- Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Audiovisual Equipment, Videoconferencing Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings
- Candidates with InfoComm (ICIA) CTS, CTS-I or CTS-D certifications preferred. Other industry certification such as DMC-E, EAVA,CVE, ACE also helpful
- Some control systems DSP programming helpful: AMX, Crestron, Extron
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital
- Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment
- Some Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications
- Hosted Applications (SaaS) experience helpful, especially for CRM
- Knowledge of drawing programs (AutoCAD/Visio) preferred