Audiovisual Lead Technician
Our client, a leading systems integrator of audiovisual and videoconferencing systems is actively seeking an experienced AV technician who will travel and support all of their clients in their territory. The qualified candidate will work in the office on some days while others require travel to client/customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services
Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company and OEM products
Perform new product testing.
Responsible for supervising a team of installers and insuring that installed product and equipment performs to industry standards
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Candidates must have prior experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation
- Candidates must be proficient in the programming of products such as Crestron and AMX
- Infocomm CTS or CTS-I highly desired.
- Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Audiovisual Equipment, Videoconferencing Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
- Cisco, Tandberg or Polycom certifications helpful
- Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
- Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
- Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications
- Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
- Knowledge of the entire H. 32X suite of standards;
- Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
- Usual PC proficiency
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, ClearOne, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital
Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired.
In the absence of a formal degree, 5 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.