Audiovisual Field Engineer, Audiovisual - San Francisco Bay Area
Our client, a leading provider in audiovisual systems and solutions, is seeking an AV Field Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area to service Enterprise customers internationally.
This is a virtual office position requiring 60-70% national travel to customer and partner sites, as well as occasional trips to the firm’s HQ in the Midwest.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS LEVEL OF TRAVEL, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TO OUR OTHER OPENINGS.
This position involves technical installation and troubleshooting skills. AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS or CTS-I) certification is preferred.
- Test, install, and configure the following audiovisal/videoconferencing equipment, microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards
- Interpret system drawings for technical tasks
- Conduct crimp, solder, and fiber cable terminiations
- Program and Troubleshoot Crestron components, DSPs, routers and switchers
- Evaluate and ensure all installations maintain best practice and our client's standards
- Analyze and resolve all technical escalations
- Test and install the following mounted equipment
- Wall mounted monitors
- Ceiling mounted projectors
- Projection screens
- Wall mounted AV connection plates
- Additional duties will be integrated with existing responsibilities over time
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with relevant field implementation
- Must be comfortable with audiovisual cables, routers, and connectors
- Knowledge of Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Extron, Polycom & Cisco equipment
- Thorough knowledge of structural, equipment, and safety requirements and considerations
- Certifications from Crestron, Biamp, Infocomm, and/or OSHA strongly preferred
- AVIXA Certifications such as CTS or CTS-I helpful
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to function both independently and within a team