Job ID: 7006
Category: Installation, Project Management
Industry: Service Provider-VAR/SI
Level of Experience: Executive
Audiovisual PROJECT MANAGER
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual, Unified Communications and Broadcast Integration services is seeking a skilled Project Manager to join its team. This group is one of the leading broadcast and digital signage solution integrators in the country.
This is a virtual office position requiring 25-40% regional and national travel to customer and partner sites, as well as occasional trips to the firm’ s HQ in the Midwest
IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS LEVEL OF TRAVEL, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TO OUR OTHER OPENINGS.
Strong preference for candidates in the Central and Eastern time zones. This firm does not offer relocation, or work visa support.
No contractors or H1bs please.
- Promote a high level of customer service and a professional, positive work atmosphere
- Inspire higher standards and pride in work quality; and help resolve conflicts professionally
- Participate in advancing our A/V standards and creating a positive culture
- Assure internal and external clients are communicated with effectively
- Maintains positive & productive relationships with A/V and System Integration industry colleagues and manufacturer representatives.
- The Project Manager will coordinate installations with the lead Installation Technician assigned to the project and SI Manager.
- Responsible for implementing all the projects assigned to them. Daily activities include project communications, scheduling, task lists for technicians, managing deliverables from engineering, CAD and Programming and overseeing the completion of projects.
- Responsible for completing systems integration projects on time, on budget and achieving high customer satisfaction from our customers.
- Majority of this employee' s time will be spent managing projects and communicating with customers.
- Maintain deep knowledge of all assigned projects and communicate daily with the SI Manager to effectively manage technical resources.
- Ffocus on creating efficiencies in the workflow process to help the Company with growth and profitability.
- Help accountable for following and helping to improve the approved processes.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams with regard to A/V installation projects.
- Assumes ownership of individual projects and assignments
- Establishes and maintains communication with Account Executives, SI managers, installation technicians, subcontractors, clients, etc.
- Develops and communicates project updates weekly or as required.
- Provides constant monitoring of labor, equipment and materials budgets.
- Provides technical and administrative support to project team members.
- Develops and maintains installation schedules.
- Performs field verification of prospective work site. Documents all issues with site and keeps everyone informed of potential issues and solutions.
- Coordinates all drawings and documentation between the office and the field.
- Facilitate and direct design reviews to assure proper documentation in the field.
- Coordinates all system programming and final checkout of systems. Provides punch-list of remaining tasks after substantial completion.
- Orders installation materials and stages equipment, by project, in warehouse.
- Contracts with contractors and other trades when necessary.
- Monitors status of projects including cost, timing and staffing to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Coordinates training & turnover of projects to client, service department, & sales.
- Maintain at least 80% of all billable time to projects.
- Successful candidates will possess a minimum of 6 years of actual on the job experience working as a Project Manager
- Familiarity with audio/video systems.
- Knowledgeable of low voltage electrical concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Supervisory and people skills.
- The Project Manager shall have the ability and skills to diagnose and resolve complex technical, political and people related problems.
- High School degree or general education equivalent required.
- At least six years experience working in the A/V and/or PM related fields is required.
- Formal education in electronics, and people management is preferred. Experience in construction trade project management is required