Field Applications Engineer, IoT Cybersecurity – UK/EMEA
Ready to hunt, negotiate and close large, complex sales in the IoT, Semi, OEM and Cybersecurity market?
Our client, an industry-leading technology vendor in the IoT Cybersecurity vertical, is looking for a Field Applications Engineer (FAE), to support strategic sales of its product offerings to and through major Semiconductor firms and OEMs with operations in the UK/EMEA markets.
This is a virtual office position requiring frequent travel in the UK & EMEA region.
Some preference for candidates located in the UK, NL, France, Finland, DACH. This is a “nice to have”, NOT A HARD REQUIREMENT.
- The FAE will be responsible for:
- Development, design and implementation of our client’s security solutions involving multiple security products integrating with chip/semi vendor and OEM solutions
- Providing support to the sales team in defining strategies for successful sales and implementations of solutions in a broad range of applications.
- Communicating with prospects and customers to convey information concerning the technical and business benefits of our client’s security solutions. The FAE will also gather requirements, discover customer challenges, design solutions, conduct presentations and product demonstrations, run webinars, work with customers, sales and solutions engineering teams to conduct Proofs-of-Concept (POCs), and product evaluation trials.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. Master's degree in technical field is strongly desired.
- 6-8+ years of sales engineering experience as a Field Applications Engineer with a Semiconductor manufacturer, OEM or security technology vendor.
- Demonstrated record of sales achievement supporting sales of discrete semiconductor devices and/or hardware-IP, selling to chip manufacturers or OEMs (device manufacturers)
- Results-orientation and strong decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple objectives and meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Influential communication and negotiation skills
- Strong preference for Hardware background
- Architectures: ASIC and FPGA
- Verilog RTL coding experience helpful
- EDA tools and methodologies a plus (Synopsys, Cadence, etc.)
- C, C++, Python essential: Should be able to write prototype code using with some of these tools
- Working knowledge of device software (drivers, middleware)
- Network Security
- Encryption, DLP
- Secure Payments