Sales Engineer – Network Solutions – Toronto, Canada
Our client, a provider of network solutions and professional services is seeking a Sales Engineer in the Toronto, ON CANADA area.
- Providing technical solutions for our clients regarding network products and services as well as provide customer training.
- Develop and maintain a broad range of knowledge and application, trends and issues as they relate to firm’ s products and services.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales support through working closely with technical engineers.
- Attend tradeshows and provide presentations online and offline.
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements.
- Developing technical documents and proposals (eg: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Become the point of contact and answer all technical questions regarding proposal, installations, configurations, products and services.
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Be technically adept and professional with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Other responsibilities include professional development and certification, mentoring and training junior engineers and improving overall customer relations through technical delivery and communications skills.
- Develop territory and account sales strategies with the regional account team
- Provide expert consultation to the customer in the firm' s ' best practices', processes technologies and techniques gleaned from industry exposure.
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across customer' s network operations, engineering and delivery departments to document their infrastructure, understand their challenges, and seek out potential projects.
- Travel as necessary for installations.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the Network Infrastructure business.
- Experience in a fast paced distributed environment is desirable
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- 3+ years of technical support.
- 5+ Years of experience with Cloud-based Security (SaaS), Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Endpoint, PKI, encryption, Identity management and access control.
- Strong IP Experience (L4-L7 protocols and services)
- Experience in network security products such as: firewalls, VPN, SSL, network access control (NAC), intrusion detection or intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), web proxies, UTM, anti-virus, anti-malware devices.
- Knowledge of Managed Services, including Security Operations Centers, Managed AV, Managed Firewalls and Managed Device offerings helpful.
- Knowledge of SNMP and MIBS.
- Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
- Work with the training department, bringing partners up-to date as required. Lead local customer trainings.
- 4+ years of experience in implementing security products in the network area.
- Knowledgeable with IPSEC, VLAN, ACL, OSPF, VCS, TCP/IP, HSRP, VTP, STP, RIP, GRE, VTP.
- Experience in providing support for remote access solutions, network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP(S)), and web proxies.
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL TO TORONTO, ON CANADA and have current Canadian work authorization/ visa