Videoconferencing - Audiovisual - Atlanta region
Our client is a leading global provider of communication products and services, and designs, develops and markets systems and software for video, voice and data is seeking a Pre-Sales Engineer, located in Atlanta. The qualified candidate will have experience supporting high end AV/VTC/UC solutions providing pre and post-sales support. Travel up to 50% is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Make sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of product and services in an effective manner.
- 20% post-sales support which includes onsite training and support.
- Develop market strategies that result in revenues and organizational success in conjunction with sales team, develop and deliver sales presentations
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
- Manage assigned sales budget
- Meet established sales goals using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
- Provide technical consultancy to augment the sales effort for company and client demonstrations, as well as advising customers on how best to utilize company products
- Manage technical relationships between the company and reseller/distributors
- Evaluate, train and support resellers/distributors to sell and support company equipment, field all pre-sales technical issues, and direct customer interaction for the entire life cycle of a sale
- Design end-to-end networks for the deployment of video, voice and data
- Identify and assist with technical issues and requirements that customers may need
- Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company and OEM products
- Travel up to 50% is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- 5+ years in technical sales and support of telepresence solutions.
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
- Discuss videoconferencing technologies with a view to demonstrating their usefulness to current and potential customers
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, budgeting and observing deadlines.
- Excellent people skills, high ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator is a plus.
- Experience in one or more of the following scripting and programming languages: C++, Ruby, C#, Java, Perl, Python, PHP or VB.
- Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Audiovisual Equipment, Videoconferencing Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
- Candidates with InfoComm CTS or CTS-D certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred.
- Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
- Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323 are preferred.
- IP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols
- Win 2000 and IIS
- Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
- Knowledge of the entire H. 32X suite of standards;
- Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
- Must be proficient with Windows OS, UNIX/Linux and MS Office.
- Cisco certifications preferred but not required: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment preferred but not required: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired.
- In the absence of a formal degree, 5+ years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.