Regional Sales Manager - Security Video – Midwest
Our client, a leading developer and marketer of Security Video & CCTV solutions, is seeking a Regional Sales Manager for its Midwest US territory. This is a virtual office position, preferably in the Metro Chicago region, and it will require 35-40% regional travel.
· Represent the firm’ s line of products in the assigned territory to increase sales volume both with existing customers and new prospects.
· Work closely with and support the firm’ s distribution channels of Security System Integrators along with Architectural and Engineering Consulting firms and Manufacturing Representatives, if applicable, in the assigned region to develop the firm’ s customer base.
· Work with End Users in your territory to expand the awareness of the firm’ s product line, to assist in network designs incorporating the firm’ s products and to facilitate the sales efforts of the Systems Integrators.
· Technical expertise should include functional understanding of Security Video (CCTV, DVR, Cameras, Networking, etc.), as well as products features and capabilities and how they relate to addressing specific needs of our clients.
· Build and manage the Dealer Network in the assigned territory.
· Deliver customer presentations and demonstrations on the firm’ s product line.
· Respond to customer RFPs, and RFIs, and prepare price quotes.
· Negotiate customer contracts.
· Help define specifications to CCTV product line to meet customer needs and conducting testing and user acceptance.
· Conduct Sales Training and System Design Training for Integrators.
· Participate in trade shows.
· Manage company staff resources necessary to accomplish sales goals.
· Prepare weekly sales reports and periodic Sales Forecasts using company selected forecasting system (Salesforce.com)
· Maintain a database of customer contacts with customer profile information, product fit, competitive threats, sales objectives and strategies and sales action plans.
· Provide written feedback to company management and to product management on user requirements and competitive information obtained from market inputs.
· Assist Company Management in refining the Company' s business and sales strategies.
· Bachelor’ s Degree preferred
· 5-7 years in sales, marketing, channel sales or business development in the physical security industry, preferably CCTV, Video analytics, access control.
· Experience in Security Video Technology is a must.
· Experience and background in the Security Business is an advantage.
· Technical knowledge includes CCTV/ DVR/ Security Video, software applications, networks and network management.
· Strong account penetration, account management, demonstration, presentation and closing.
· Strong written and oral communications skills.
· Attention to detail and follow-up.