We are currently hiring a Sales Engineer for our client, a leading security technology vendor, to support sales of its Security Video Solutions. This position will support the Northeast USA region (Key cities: New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, DC and suburbs) both for direct and channel sales opportunities.
This position requires significant travel in the sales region, upwards of 30%. If you are not prepared to satisfy this requirement, please apply to one of our other jobs.
Strong preference for candidates in the Central Connecticut region.
The successful candidate will work with enterprise customers to shorten the sales cycle by overcoming technical hurdles within these accounts. Sales engineers must have solid communication skills, sales ability, technical expertise, and work well in a team or independently. This position requires the ability to build relationships with all technical buyers at the end-user level and with our company enterprise service providers and certified solution providers.
The Sales Engineer must be well versed in the technical and sales aspects of company products as well as the third-party products they integrate. The ability to present technical material in a results-oriented environment is a requirement.
• Assisting in the generation of new business and ensuring growth of existing accounts as a key member of a vertical team
• Feeding customer feedback into future product developments
• Assisting sales executives by answering technical questions, making technical presentations, and managing customer trials through phone, email, and on-site visits
• Evaluating and integrating third-party devices
• Provide effective interfaces into existing and emerging opportunities and external partners
• Coordinate work programs and making recommendations as to the implementation of joint development and marketing activities with external partners and other opportunities
• Leverage relationships within organizations to solve technical hurdles and foster awareness of our products and solutions
• Assess potential applications of company products and services and offering solutions to meet customer needs
• Install, configure and test our solutions at customer facilities during a Proof of Concepts phase
• Interface with various customers at both a business and a technical level and proposing viable solutions in real time during customer meetings
• Assist with the development of our channel partnerships. This may include conducting joint account calls, updating technical staff on new products and features, and working with channels to develop solutions for customers
Experience & Education
• College or university degree in a business or technical discipline
• Four years of experience in WAN, LAN, wireless and wired communication networks, client/server knowledge, ERP systems, and CCTV/video surveillance equipment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with various levels of personnel in an organization, including technical and executive members
• Proven track record in providing customer satisfaction
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how all facets of a manufacturing organization operate
• Results-driven individual who has demonstrated initiative and trust, firmness, and resilience.
• Some project management experience
• Existing end-user relationships will be considered an asset
Certifications such as CCNA, MCSE helpful but not required.