Telecom Provisioning Manager
Our client, a leading network services provider, is seeking a Manager of Network Provisioning for its Northern New Jersey location. This position will be responsible for managing the staff, process, systems and work-flow for the provisioning, implementation and support for our client' s transport and data network services.
The ideal candidate must possess the necessary skills to perform the functions of this position. You must have the ability to monitor, manage and direct all Data, DWDM, Ethernet, TDM, T1 Provisioning activities, as well as manage a group of product support engineers.
This department is responsible for the ordering of circuits, delivery coordination and will handle all levels of access service i.e. T1, T3, OC3, Integrated T1s. Track delivery due dates and coordinate delivery with Operations and test/turn up teams. Facilitate provisioning issues, including escalations as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with facilities based carriers, CLEC, MVNOs or similar network services providers.
· Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience working in a telecommunications carrier.
· 8-10 years managing a group of 5 or more technical and administrative staff in a customer-facing technical position within a carrier environment (CLEC, ILEC, MVNO, Wireless) preferably handling provisioning, installation, implementation or product support/technical management teams.
· Must have experience " moving the needle" on all types of network operations metrics, including optimization of process, systems, workflow and employee training.
· Experience coordinating with LECs to get circuits delivered on time
· Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
· Excellent motivator.
· In-depth knowledge of provisioning process
· Good communication skills, written and oral.
· Excellent reporting skills: must be able to present date to technical, non-technical and financial management groups.